Stillbirth delivery at any point in pregnancy can be very different from live birth. Mom’s and Dad’s support needs are different in this situation, but still very important.
Our doulas are trained in miscarriage support, and honored to be able to assist families in this time.
Here are some ideas for what we might be able to do to help (every situation is individual):
- Listen as you explain your situation and options.
- Attend the final ultrasound, if chosen.
- Help you articulate and weigh any choices may have.
- Help friends and family find supportive ways to help. We can plan a Celebrating Pregnancy blessing if chosen.
- Put you in touch with resources from our community.
- Pray with you, if that is your preference.
- Take photos of the labor, birth, funeral, or farewell celebration.
- Write our own account of the birth.
- Anything else you feel would be helpful. We are there for you!